Thursday, August 13, 2009

5th grade



Maia's first day of 5th grade. She was so excited to be back in school. I think she was bored to tears hanging out with me. She loves school and was anxious to meet her teacher and see all her friends again.






I remember being in 5th grade. My teacher was
Mr. Bay. I loved him. I have really clear memories of his class and the things we learned.
He was a health food nut and warned us alot about smoking. We joined classes around the United States and made posters about the dangers of smoking. I still remember what my
poster looked like. I thought it was really good.
We sent them to Washington D.C. and the next year the warning label on the side of a package of cigarettes was put on. He also warned us about
drinking chocolate milk. Well, I listened to him about smoking but the chocolate milk...
not.


Susan Payson - Me - Tinky Roney
Don't let the dress fool you. I was
sitting on my baseball mitt!!!


















2 comments:

  1. It's true about the baseball mitt...so glad I had a tough sister to always protect me! I'm cracking up laughing, Mom always had our bangs cut pretty short, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I was thinking the same thing when I was looking back at my school pictures. I also thought that they were really crooked. Probably why I still cut my own - I figure I can't do much worse.

    ReplyDelete