Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Triathlon

Several months ago, Sherry called and said she had signed up to do the Turkey Triathlon in St. George in November and wanted me to do it with her. I told her that I didn't know how to swim and she said it was still months away and I could learn. So I signed up with Angela and Maia. It was just a beginner triathlon so I really under-estimated how hard it was going to be and what kind of shape I was really in.

As November got closer - I was really getting nervous about the whole thing - esp. the swim. Remember the "Friends" episode when Phoebe was jogging in the park and her arms and legs were flailing all over the place ? That's how I felt in the water. I wasn't too nervous about the bike - except that I had just gotten my new road bike and I hadn't trained much on it. I walk - run quite a bit so I didn't think much about that at all. Well, put them all together and they all get a lot harder.

Anyway, we did it! It was really fun and we are all looking forward to the SHAC triathlon in April .



3 generation



Ben loading the bikes



The whole gang!

Angela, Maia, Me, Cassidy, Sherry, Bill, Kami, Ben.
Bill has done many triathlons and did the Sprint. The rest of us did the Beginner.




Maia and Cassidy in line for the swim.





The swim - done!



Maia and Cassidy coming in.



2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun...I can say that now that it's done! I'm looking forward to April and even though Cassidy has her "own life", she said she'll probably do it again. Signing up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete